Tuesday, March 2

A good friend, and a good recipe

Today, I shared my meal with my friend and neighbor, Bridget. For lunch we had a salad. But afterwards, we made homemade tortillas, with our dearest friend Lauren's recipe! So easy and so wonderful.



Lauren's Tortillas
1 1/2 cups of flour (we used whole wheat flour)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 pinch of baking powder
1 teaspoon of oil
water

1. Mix together, the dry ingredients.

2. Add the oil, and mix. Add water, tablespoon at a time, until you have a dough (not too sticky!). If it becomes sticky, don't worry! Just add a bit more flour.

3. Form dough into small balls, and let sit for a few minutes. (This will help them to be soft instead of gummy when you cook them)

4. Roll out each ball about 1/8" thick. (I don't have a rolling pin, so I just used a tall drinking glass)

5. Cook individually over medium low heat on both sides until they begin to slightly brown on each side.

These are so simple, I will probably never buy store bought ones again! Also, we made them with some spices: cinnamon and nutmeg. You can experiment with this base recipe.

Thats all for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment