Monday, December 6

Good morning, pancakes!

Mornings can either be delightful or dreadful, it seems. Luckily for me, my past few mornings have been beyond delightful. Partially this has been because of the beautiful people I am surrounded by in the morning time, and partially this is because I have been blessed to be greeted with a wholesome, nourishing meal each morning. This morning, as I write this, I am feeling completely filled and nourished from the left-over quiche I just enjoyed and I am reflecting on my delicious breakfast I enjoyed so much yesterday, with Jill. Sunday mornings are probably my most favorite of mornings, as they are a time to reflect on the week that has passed and then to think of what is to come. Yesterday, we did this while enjoying a Clark family favorite recipe for pancakes. I hope that by sharing it with you, your morning times can be a little bit brighter.

This recipe is what my Poppa uses every time we visit; and it is highly anticipated every time! We adjusted it slightly, to accommodate what we had in our refrigerator, but the outcome was still filled with Clark family love. Here's to delightful mornings, nearly every morning!
Clark family pancakes (with love) 
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg, beaten up
1 cup of plain yogurt (we used sour cream, and it was just perfect!)
1 cup milk
1 cup of your favorite berries (we used mulberries which we had stored in the freezer!)

1. Stir together all the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix egg, yogurt (or sour cream), and milk until smooth. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture until it is just mixed.

2. Heat a skillet with a tiny bit of butter. Pour in batter and top with your berries. Makes just about 12 pancakes, so share some with your friends!

Also, I should share my latest recipe for "maple-ish" syrup. It is a twist on Lauren's recipe for syrup, and we use it everytime we make pancakes!

Maple-ish Syrup
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup of honey
1 splash of spiced rum
Water to cover

1. Combine all sugars, and honey. Pour over rum, and add water until all the sugar is covered in liquid. Then, zap in the microwave for about 1 minute, stirring twice, or until completely liquified. You can store any leftovers in the refrigerator!

No comments:

Post a Comment