Saturday, July 31

Hard boiled (effortless) eggs

Well, it has been quite some time since I have written about cooking. Not to worry, I haven't been keeping any spectacular recipes from you, unfortunately this is because I have had almost zero time to cook these days! Between work, friends and sleeping, cooking and baking has been pushed to the way-side. Because I work during the evenings, I don't have the option to make a nice dinner, so my dinner tends to be compartmentalized in my reusable lunch box. These meals vary from tuna salad to pb&j, but nothing too spectacular. However, I have mastered one trick that has made my lunch packing a bit simpler: effortless hard boiled eggs.

Not only is this method fool proof, but it also helps save on your utilities bill, just a smidgen! To hard boil the perfectly done egg, place your desired amount of eggs in a small sauce pan. Cover with cold water (this is important, because then the eggs don't crack!). Cover the saucepan with a lid and bring to a boil. Here comes the energy saving tip: Boil for about three minutes and then turn off the stove, and allow the eggs to sit in the hot water for ten more minutes. After ten minutes, voila! Eggs to-bout for the week. Also great about this little snack, it is the perfect sized protein boost and you don't have to put it in a package, since it is essentially "pre-packaged"!
Happy eating, and we will hopefully talk soon! Two more weeks of work, and then kitchen, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment