Tuesday, April 13

Apple Crisp and dinner with a friend

I spent the day outside, enjoying the weather. A nice way to spend the afternoon. This evening, I am sharing dinner at my dear friend Lauren's place. The other day, she brought over banana cream pie! This is my favorite. Though, another one of my favorites is apple crisp. My mom used to make it all the time, when I was a kid. The recipe I made was a bit different than my mom's recipe, but delicious in its own way.
Apple Crisp
6 apples, thinly sliced
1 cup of rolled oats
1/2 cup of crushed breakfast cereal (I used left over whole wheat chex, but this is totally up to you!)
1/4 cup of raisins
10 prunes, cut in half
1/3 cup of cashews, crushed (you can use any type of nut... my mom loves walnuts!)
1/4 cup of sunflower oil
1/4 cup of honey
1/4 cup of unpacked brown sugar

1. Line a deep dish pan with two layers of apples.

2. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl, and toss with a fork. Spread over the top of the apples.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.

Serve warm and for an extra delicious treat, top with vanilla ice cream! So tasty, all your friends will want you to come over for dinner...

Another treat, I have been listening to Norah Jones' cd, "The Fall" which is new from last November. Its such a nice and upbeat cd. If you have a moment, and are wanting some new music, I would suggest it.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment