Friday, March 16

Scrub-a-dub-dub

This is a pattern I concocted over the summer time, with inspiration from my friend Annie. It has been a long time coming, but after my dear friend Alicia requested it a couple of days ago, it seemed only appropriate to include it here on the blog! 


Using repurposed citrus mesh bags (you know, the ones you get onions and citrus in at the grocery store!), some cotton yarn and a couple minutes, you can have a great dish scrubbie, at little cost. Its also much cheaper than buying sponges and they last a long time! A win-win-win, if you ask me. 
The pattern for the scrubbie is super easy:
Ch = chain
Dc = single crochet
Slst = slip stitch

Round 1: Ch 4, slst to make a loop. 
Round 2: Ch 3 to create first stitch then Dc 9 into loop, Slst into first stitch to close second round. 
Round 3: Ch 3 to create first stitch then 2 Dc into each stitch, Slst into first stitch to close third round. 
Round 4: Ch 3 to create first stitch then 2 Dc into each stitch, Slst into first stitch to close fourth round. Ch about 15-20 stitches and Slst into first Ch stitch to create hanging loop; tie off.

Then, I fold the mesh material into a hexagon shape and stitch it around, using the middle row of stitches as my guide for where to stitch. As I go around the scrubbie, I adjust the folding of the mesh so that it is more circular. 

Also, use cotton yarn because it holds up nicely and doesn't get yucky. Then you can also put it in the dishwasher, microwave or laundry to clean it! 



Happy cleaning!
p.s. have any questions about the pattern? Leave a note and I will try to make it more clear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment