Monday, November 22

Creative environment

It seems that I am the luckiest girl around town: my roommates are constantly creating an environment in our apartment that fosters creativity and positive energy. Last night, after quite a long week of school-related things, I was so fortunate and revitalized to spend the evening in the garden unit, creating with my roommates. While Kelsey worked on a painting, Jill reupholstered a chair for our dear friend Neal (as a part of a time exchange!). Meanwhile, I worked on (and completed) a book I was working on. I will share more on this book at another time, but I must say, that I needed a night like last night to be able to add the final words to complete the message.

And for dinner? It was quite delightful as well. While Kelsey and Jill gathered upholstery materials, I created a homemade cheese pizza! I think you could safely say that cheese pizza is the pinnacle of comfort food, and homemade cheese pizza is even better. Here was the recipe I concocted:
Pizza
For the crust:
2 cups of flour
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 pinch of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of salt
Water
Corn meal

1. Mix the flour, olive oil, garlic powder and salt together, save the water. Then, gradually add water until the dough sticks together.

2. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to your desired consistency. Then, place on a cookie sheet sprinkled with corn meal.

Toppings:
I topped mine with thick tomato paste and homemade mozzarella! Then, I baked it at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes (until the cheese was bubbly and brown and delicious). Spruce it up a bit, with your favorite pizza toppings. This is sure to be a favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment